MONDAY BLUES (English & Portugues)


In the midst of having what I think to be just a severe case of Monday Blues, I decided that perhaps a very nutritious lunch would get me out of the funk. I called to place an order for pick up at Angelica Kitchen, a restaurant near my house that serves super delicious organic healthy foods. Since Angelica only accepts cash I asked the person that took my order for the total of what my meal would cost so that I would make sure to have enough money to pay for it. A few minutes later, I hopped on my bike and went to pick up my "pick me up" fuel. Once I got there, I had to wait a few minutes while the friendly attendant finished packing my food. As I was waiting, I noticed a strange guy, staring at the wall, close to the counter where we pick up the food. His cell phone rang and it took him a while to answer. I thought he might get yelled at because the people that work at Angelica Kitchen are very particular about cell phones in the premises. The strange guy finally picks up the phone. His device was a very old, vintage almost, phone with a makeshift home made antenna. I thought to myself..."why Health food restaurants always have such weirdos?" As I am busy judging this customer, the person handling my food tells me the total of my bill: "$22.50". Well, when I called to place the order I was told that my meal would cost approximately $17 so I only brought $21 with me. I told the clerk that I was short on cash and asked if I could bring the rest later. Before he had a chance to answer it, the weirdo that, until then, was staring at the wall turned in my direction and asked me how much I needed. The weirdo was blind. The clerk said that I was short $1.50 and the blind guy reached into his pocket and pulled one dollar bill and two quarters, and placed it on the counter. - "Here, now you owe nothing."
He was wrong. I do owe something. I own an apology to the universe for feeling sorry for myself when I have so much, including my eye sight ( and an iPhone! haha) Now that I finished eating my food, I can say that my spirits have been lifted. Lifted by my delicious lunch and by the generosity of this sweet blind man, disguised as another precious life lesson.
Gratitude rules.

No meio de um grave caso de "Monday Blues", decidi que talvez um almocinho nutritivo me tiraria desse funk. Liguei para fazer um pedido no Angélica Kitchen, um restaurante perto da minha casa que serve pratos orgânicos saudáveis. Como o Angélica só aceita dinheiro, perguntei à pessoa que anotou meu pedido quanto seria o total da minha refeição,  para que eu pudesse levar dinheiro suficiente para pagar. Poucos minutos depois, subi na bicicleta e fui buscar o meu "combustível da felicidade". Quando eu cheguei lá, tive que esperar alguns minutos até que o simpático atendente terminasse de embalar meu almoço. Enquanto estava esperando, notei um cara estranho, olhando para a parede, perto do balcão, onde eu aguardava meu pedido. Seu celular tocou e ele levou um tempo para responder. Eu achei até  que ele ia levar uma bronca pois as pessoas que trabalham no Angélica Kitchen são muito particulares com relação a telefones celulares dentro do restaurante.. O cara estranho, finalmente, atende o telefone. Seu aparelho era muito velho,  quase um vintage, com uma antena improvisada, feita em casa. Eu pensei ... "por que restaurantes de comida Natural sempre tem esses esquisitos?" Enquanto estava ocupada  em julgar esse cliente, o moço do restaurante chegou com o total da minha conta: "$ 22.50". Quando liguei para fazer o pedido, me disseram que a minha refeição custaria aproximadamente US $ 17, então só trouxe $ 21 comigo. Disse ao funcionário que estava com pouco dinheiro e perguntei se poderia trazer o resto mais tarde. Antes que ele tivesse a chance de responder, o esquisito que, até então, estava olhando para a parede, virou-se  na minha direção e perguntou o quanto eu precisava. O esquisito era cego. Então o atendente disse que estavam faltando $ 1,50. O cego pôs a mão no bolso, tirou uma nota de um dólar e dois quarters (25c), e colocou-os sobre o balcão. - "Pronto, agora você não deve nada."Ele estava errado. Devo alguma coisa. Eu devo um pedido de desculpas ao universo por sentir pena de mim mesma quando tenho tanta coisa, inclusive a minha visão (e um iPhone! Haha!) Agora que terminei de comer, posso dizer que o meu astral se elevou. Erguido por um almoço delicioso e pela generosidade desse homem doce, disfarçado como mais uma lição preciosa de vida.

Gratidão. Sempre.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

O meu Jejum - O Master Cleanse, agora em português!

5 Tibetan Energy Rejuvenation Rites